About Us.....

We like to watch movies, garden, ride bikes, play with American Girl dolls, golf, blog, tinker with I-pads-I-phones and various electronics,PTA, watch more movies, travel both near and far, cheer on the University of Utah, run, decorate the house, Zumba, build stuffed animal kingdoms, practice medicine and be Mommy & Daddy to our baby girl :)
(Try to guess who does what!)

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Back To School :)

Hmmmm.....Back to School.....
*School supplies
*Backpacks
*Fall Leaves
*Cooler Weather
*Alarm Clocks
*Awakened by Early morning Band practice across the creek
*Lunch Boxes
*Happy Parents
*Schedule & structure
*Missing my baby girl 

All of these things come to mind when school time approaches.  I'm always torn. I love having Gracie home during the summer. I love lazy mornings, riding bikes, movies and just the fun of summer. But I also crave the schedule that school brings.  I'm much more productive when I have a schedule. So, with a heavy heart....I took Gracie to her first day of her last year of Elementary School. In other words...6th Grade. 
                                                             1st Day of School Pic


Luckily, we had some fun activities to get Gracie excited to start school. Dad & Chyrl (ok, mostly Chyrl) planned a fun Back to School party for the kiddos. There was pizza and root beer floats, and a fun time capsule. Chyrl had the kids write what their goals were for the school year. She put them in a box and when we have our Out of school party in May, we will open the box and read the goals. We can see which ones were accomplished.  It was a fun night and we loved getting together.   We also went to the Back to School day at Brookside. Gracie was able to meet her teachers and see who would be in her class.
Dad, Chyrl, Bryn, Gracie, Katie, Jackson, Melissa

Cousins:)   Bryn, Melissa, Gracie & Katie
 



No comments:

Post a Comment